We are reader supported. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Baseball coaches and parents alike can easily get frustrated by all the accessories that come with playing the game. Anything that can help get equipment to and from fields, like good old-fashioned hand-pulled wagons, can become the most favored equipment piece of all.
Which is a reason we offer this, our suggestions for the best wagons for baseball games for 2023, and years to come for that matter since these items are quite durable. Aside from varying prices, you might be surprised by the variety to be found in the features of today’s wagons.
- The MacSports Collapsible Outdoor Utility Wagon tops our list for baseball or fastpitch softball games, for its variety of quality, much-desired features.
- For carrying the most weight, take a look at the Portal Folding Collapsible Wagon Utility Outdoor Camping Beach Cart.
- The super-utility of this list is the VIVOSUN Heavy Duty Collapsible Folding Wagon Utility Outdoor Camping Garden Cart which is built for numerous uses.
- Those tired of things falling off the wagon will really like the PA Beach Wagon with Big Wheels and its attachable mesh cover.
- The MacSports Heavy Duty Outdoor Folding Wagon Double Decker Portable Lightweight Utility Cart doubles up to help lug big items like umbrellas.
- The name says much: Sunnydaze Utility Steel Garden Cart features an all-metal cage for the load and fat wheels for serious transport.
Any parent or coach who has completed a full season or 2 can tell you how much of a relief it is to have a wagon to carry the surprising amount of equipment needed for kids to play baseball or fastpitch softball. A partial list:
- Equipment bag (for team catchers’ gear, tees, tossable bases, and other items necessary for practices and games)
- Hitting tees
- Buckets of balls
- Hitting nets
- Hitting sticks
- Team management items like folders with player information, schedules, etc.
Parents often have to also lug non-game items like drinks, snacks, or even an umbrella to shade the sun. Coaches have it the hardest, being called upon to manage the team’s balls, protective gear, tees, and other items like hitting nets.
Wagons might not be needed for every baseball game. However, they are very ideal to have when more than a single game is scheduled on a day, and very much so for all-star and travel ball play, where multiple games a day can be a regular occurrence.
Any adult with physical ailments like achy ankles or knees, arthritis, or pain in the elbow or shoulder should consider getting a modern wagon if they plan to remain involved with the game for any noticeable amount of time.
A wagon can be a coach’s best friend, helping to lug all that stuff from a car to a field, and back, and sometimes out into the garage or other storage site.
With that, let’s get right at what you’re here for: Which wagon would help you (or your little player) the most?
Our Choices: Best Wagons for Baseball Games
1. Best Wagon for Baseball Games Overall ~ MacSports Collapsible Outdoor Utility Wagon
It’s hard to go wrong with the MacSports Collapsible Outdoor Utility Wagon for baseball or softball games, because it checks off on all the elements you would want from such a piece of transport equipment. Simply known as the Mac Wagon, the model features an accordion-style floor and folds really easily, with no assembly required.
While there may be no bells and whistles, or a feature to knock your socks off, this model gets the job done ~ and does it well according to thousands of user reviews. Particularly attractive in our eyes is the super-low weight, which is a huge consideration for sports wagons. Folded, this model gets as thin as 8 inches, and it comes with a protective cover.
- Height: 20.2 inches
- Width: 22.5 inches
- Length: 43.7 inches
- Weight: 22.5 lbs.
- Capacity: Up to 150 lbs.
- Cover/Carry Bag: Yes
- Material(s): Powder-coated steel frame and 600D denier fabric
- Special Feature: Attached folding table and drink holders
What We Like
- The most user reviews, and average ratings from them, of any wagon model we found.
- Fairly priced for the features and quality.
- Solidly designed and constructed wheels, yet another top consideration for this type of gear
2. Best Wagon for Baseball Games for Capacity ~ Portal Folding Collapsible Wagon Utility Outdoor Camping Beach Cart
People use wagons in sports for transportation help, so almost everyone should wonder, how many pounds will that sucker hold? To answer, we present you with the 225-lb. capacity of the
Portal Folding Collapsible Wagon Utility Outdoor Camping Beach Cart. While other wagons or carts out there might have a higher capacity, they don’t come close to matching their number with the quality of this Portal product.
Tack on a modest price for a lightweight wagon with big (8-inch) wheels, an adjustable handle, 2 front universal wheels, and 4 total drink holders. This model is designed for a lot of uses, namely for the beach and for camping, but that should tell you something about its durability.
- Height: 22.4 inches
- Width: 19 inches
- Length: 35.4 inches
- Weight: 22.49 lbs.
- Capacity: 225 lbs.
- Cover: No
- Material(s): Polyester on steel frame
- Special Feature(s): Mesh bottom for easier cleanup of sand or dirt
What We Like
- Impressive weight capacity
- Big wheels for a variety of uses and terrains
- 365-day warranty
3. Best Wagon for Baseball Games for Utility ~ VIVOSUN Heavy Duty Collapsible Folding Wagon Utility Outdoor Camping Garden Cart
The best way to describe the VIVOSUN Heavy Duty Collapsible Folding Wagon Utility Outdoor Camping Garden Cart is to, well, point to the product name which contains a series of adjectives. This manufacturer built a cart for every use it can think of, and it looks like they thought of them all.
Of note is that folded this model gets down to just over 9 inches, which is about the thinnest you will find in the state ready for storage. The company markets the folded version and something you could hold in one hand, and we don’t doubt that. For the great variety of features, you can get it for a modest price.
- Height: 14.96 inches
- Width: 21.65 inches
- Length: 36.2 inches
- Weight: 24.47 lbs.
- Capacity: 176 lbs.
- Cover: Yes
- Material(s): Metal frame, 600D Oxford fabric, plus PVC materials
- Special Feature(s): Waterproofed
What We Like
- Very light weight
- Folds down to about 9 inches thick
- Rotating front wheels makes steering easier
4. Best Wagon for Baseball Games for Load Protection ~ PA Beach Wagon with Big Wheels
While initially the “big wheels” caught our attention, it’s the mesh load cover that convinced us that the PA Beach Wagon with Big Wheels belongs on our list. The mesh addresses something that many coaches have dealt with for years: things falling out of the wagon while pulling it.
So, offer an attachable mesh to go over the entire load and hold it all snuggly in place, and the problem is solved! This model is also taller than most, which most parents will appreciate to reduce how far they have to bend down. Tack on those wide tires and you have a splendid wagon for baseball usage.
- Height: 29 inches
- Width: 19.7 inches
- Length: 39 inches
- Weight: 26 lbs.
- Capacity: 165 lbs.
- Storage Cover: No
- Material(s): Steel frame, 600D polyester
- Special Feature(s): Mesh cover to drop atop load to keep items from falling out
What We Like
- Removable mesh cover that can go over the entire load and hold it all there while rolling
- Mesh expands load volume capacity
- Fat wheels for soft surfaces found often around ballfields
- Pull-out bottom for easier cleaning
5. Best Wagon for Baseball Games for Big Accessory ~ MacSports Heavy Duty Outdoor Folding Wagon Double Decker Portable Lightweight Utility Cart
A lot of coaches or parents need to lug around an item about as large as the wagon compared with other baseball gear, like an umbrella, for instance. For them we point to the only double-decker on our list, the MacSports Heavy Duty Outdoor Folding Wagon Double Decker Portable Lightweight Utility Cart.
The steel frame is strong and solid, and we like the application of the high-quality 600D Denier fabric. This wagon has a decent weight capacity, while maintaining a low profile which some coaches prefer to address high winds, or for easier storage.
- Height: 17.5 inches
- Width: 17.8 inches
- Length: 29 inches
- Weight: 27.6 lbs.
- Capacity: 150 lbs.
- Carry bag: Yes
- Material(s): Powder-coated steel frame, plastic, 600D Denier fabric, rubber wheels
- Special Feature(s): Extended lower shelf below main load compartment to carry another large item like an umbrella or foldable chair
What We Like
- Double-decked capacity and appearance
- 1-year limited warranty
- Quality Denier fabric, steel frame
6. Best Wagon for Baseball Games for Practicality ~ Sunnydaze Utility Steel Garden Cart
The Sunnydaze Utility Steel Garden Cart will jump off this page for its spartan look: like a simple cage on wheels. This manufacturer skipped trying to make it look nice with special fabrics, instead opting for an appearance that shouts, We mean business!
The 400-pound weight capacity says it all! Not interested in looking better than other teams, or having a wagon with fabric or frame to match team colors? Then this is your wagon!
- Height: 22 inches
- Width: 18 inches
- Length: 34 inches
- Weight: 38.7 lbs.
- Capacity: 400 lbs.
- Carry bag: No
- Material(s): Alloy steel
- Special Feature(s): Removable sides
What We Like
- Big, fat 10-inch inflatable wheels
- Biggest maximum load weight on this list